Please do NOT use any tool created by other companies (e.g. IObit Uninstaller, Total Cleaner, Revo Uninstaller, etc.) to uninstall Nero software. Such tools delete Nero program folders and files, but may still keep some Nero traces in Registry key. This would result in installation failure.
Please use Nero official clean tool Nero FirstAidKit.
Nero FirstAidKit is a tool created by Nero that helps solving installation problems which might exist due to installs and uninstalls of different Nero product versions on the same system.
This tool will delete all registry entries of your Nero installation(s) and will allow a clean reinstallation of your Nero product.
Please note that Nero FirstAidKit will uninstall/deletes all Nero related folders and files, and also Nero related registry entries. One option to be checked on/off -> to keep or delete all your own Nero data.
Please proceed as follows:
1. Please backup your Nero product serial number(for Nero 2019 or earlier generation), your Nero Account email address and password(for Nero 2020 or Nero Platinum subscription), and some necessary personal Nero data files first;
2. Download Nero FirstAidKit from https://ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroFirstAidKit.zip to your hard drive.
3. Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.
4. Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the Nero FirstAidKit.
-> The window “Nero First Aid Kit” will open.
5. Click start with all default setting to remove the Nero entries.
NOTE: in the dialog, there is one option to be checked on/off -> to keep or delete all your own Nero data. Usually to keep this unchecked as default, especially for the first time to run this tool.
The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
Please wait until the progress has been completed.
6. Restart your PC as soon as it finished.
7. Now, start the installation of your given Nero product again. If your product contains content packs, please make sure to download and install your content again, too.